File Size: 5,142 KB. Version: 4.6.1
5/5 - Rated by 13 users.
August 03, 2016
PSPad Editor is a compact utility specially designed for web developers; it includes the features commonly present in commercially distributed programs. Its main functions own syntax-coloring, auto-complete, ability to create macros, an efficient FTP client and extension's accepting, which expands its capabilities. In short, it is a full features freeware coding editor with the power of commercial ones.
Users can apply PSPad Editor as a Windows Notepad replacement, thanks to its rich editing functions and opening speed. In fact, we must note that it consumes minimal system resources, which it is another advantage.
We begin detailing the most important features acting as coding-editor, these are the syntax-coloring, which facilitates source code encoding and reading. Another function is the auto-complete, to avoid errors while the developers are typing common functions. We consider important to note that both features can be customized by adding word lists, and even importing new languages. The program includes by default the following languages PHP, Python, HTML, XHTML, C ++, the list goes on.
Another advantage is its ability of code editing directly from web-servers. It is achieved thanks to the internal FTP client, minimizing the steps required and possible errors when are working on web projects.
The text management feature, includes advanced block-editing and search-and-replace capabilities. Finally , we must mention its macro-recording functions, enabling to store a command's sequence, running them in a fast way; it saves developer's time and effort simplifying repetitive tasks.
In conclusion, our testing staff has assigned to five stars rating with an editor recommendation for PSPad text editor.
PSPad editor Features
- Support several programming languages.
- Feature syntax coloring to simplify the coding task.
- Include a handy FTP module to upload the resulting code once it is done.
- Offer diverse formatting options and auto-complete to reduce the coding errors.
- The program accepts extension to empower its original features.
- It is delivered as free-cost for non-commercial and educational use.
This software is the recommended solution for code editing. It features diverse functions commonly seen in commercial products.
PSPad Editor includes syntax coloring, with the option to add custom functions; it's an excellent alternative for advanced programmers. In addition, this utility comes with auto-complete, which avoids coding errors, simplifying the programming job. These features are included only in professional editors.
Finally, we must emphasize the FTP module, which allows to upload the resulting code once it is completed. It is a welcome function, especially by web-developers.
We recommend PSPad Editor for the development community, especially designed for web-developers.
- Powerful features.
- Easy to use.
- Minimal hardware requeriments.
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 5MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.
Latest User Reviews