File Size: 3,024 KB. Version: 1.5.1
5/5 - Rated by 3 users.
7 Days Trial.
August 03, 2016
ExtraChm is a smart utility designed to view and edit CHM files. The interface offers a concise design with a clear structure, including a menu bar, a navigation panel and a window to view the file's content. Its simplicity makes it affordable by any user skill level, even those with minimal training on computer's programs.
Another important feature consists in its ability to open multiple sessions though the well-designed tabs, enabling users to work on several files at time. The view panel allows customize its font size, and zoom in and out the page to facilitate the reading.
This utility enables to create and manage bookmarks to facilitate the navigation through the document. In addition, it features searching capabilities to locate any part of the text.
The text-to-speech function (paid version only), enable users to listen the document, and the application highlight the text according to the voice; this function allows to customize the audio volume and the speech speed.
In addition, it features decompile function, which converts the current document to plain HTML, allowing to view it using any browser.
Finally, users can operate it from a USB device, without having to install it on the destination computer. It is an additional benefit that enables to use the program anywhere.Features
Paid Version Features
- Feature multi-tabbed interface.
- Provide book marking features, at page and text level.
- Convert CHM files to HTML.
- Adjust the font size for a comfortable reading.
- The zoom function, enlarges the entire document.
- Provide different view styles.
- Print and save files.
- Search: Allow to search for results at a word level.
- Text To Speech: Listen standard eBooks, via the Microsoft SAPI.
This application is a powerful CHM reader, that it can be operated from Windows computers or USB flash devices.
This software, includes expert functions commonly found in commercial readers.
The product's registered version, features search capabilities and text-to-speech.
Our Testing Team, has studied the announced functions, and they concluded: 'it is a recommended eBook's reading software with advanced functions (on the paid version)'.
- The free-cost version provides common CHM reading functions.
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 5MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800 × 600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.
Latest User Reviews