Download Size: 2,082 KB. v.: 4.42
4.7/5 - Rated by 9 users.
October 26, 2016
IrfanView is a handy software designed to deal with image files; it offers support for a large list of image formats and can be expanded through third-party plug-ins; the program's main features may be resumed in viewing, editing and converting between formats.
The program's interface looks simple and direct; it presents a main window where is placed the image; on the top is located the toolbar, which includes standard functions, like 'open image', 'save', 'zoom' and 'next-previous'; on the right is placed the editing tool-box, which includes some basic editing tools.
IrfanView's installation procedure is simple, and it is done with a few mouse clicks; at the end of the process, the application asks for file associations; it is required by Microsoft Windows Explorer to identify that format with the default application to open it. Anyway, the file's association can be refined from the option's menu at any time.
The conversion module, can deal with almost any image format; this module converts to other formats and can customize the output, including resizing, cropping, parameter's adjustment (brightness, contrast and saturation). This process runs for a given image or can convert in batch a large list of files.
Other important features, to name a few, includes screen capturing, slide-shows creation, panoramic compositions and fully multi-page image support.
Finally, we can recommend IrfanView as a powerful but simple graphic solution, absolutely free-cost for personal use with advanced functions only seen in commercial software.
- Support a wide image format's range.
- Feature thumbnail and preview options.
- Include the paint tool to draw lines, circles, and arrows.
- Create slideshows, saving them as EXE or SCR to burn on CD.
- Show EXIF, IPTC or Text Comment in Slideshow.
- Support Adobe Photoshop filters.
- Batch conversion operation.
- Multi-page editing.
- Powerful multimedia player.
- High-resolution printing capabilities.
- Support embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF.
- Editing features, such as change color depth, cut, crop, and IPTC editing.
- Include visual effects, like 'Sharpen', 'Blur', 'Adobe 8BF', 'Filter-Factory' and unlimited filters.
- Capture the current screen, saving it as image on hard-drive.
- Extract icons from files, including EXE, DLL and ICO.
- Command-line operation.
- Include several plug-ins, expanding its capabilities.
- Include skins to change its appeal.
- Multi language support.
Download IrfanView For Free
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 100MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.