Download Size: 206 KB. v.: 5.4
Subhra Das Gupta
Rating 5/5 - 14 votes.
February 16, 2017
Xtreme Download Manager is a little utility designed to improve the file downloading speed from the Internet. In addition, this program achieves excellent performance thanks to its dynamic segmentation algorithm, that optimizes the downloading process.
Moreover, it features data compression, that helps reducing the data amount transmitted. Other important features are its full support for various communications protocols, including the traditional HTTP, ant its secure version HTTPS, and FTP protocol that is commonly used by FTP servers. All these functions make Xtreme Download Manager a powerful product with professional features.
Its interface looks clear with their functions well organized, which simplifies the operation, especially for users with minimal experience in such programs. Its operation's principle is very simple; when the program is activated it can detect downloadable files once the link is copied to the Windows clipboard; the file remains in the downloading queue, with the option to start immediately or later. The spooled files can be downloaded in batch; it improves the application's performance thanks to its balancing algorithm for each file in order to take advantage of the available bandwidth.
Another important feature is its YouTube module, which can download video clips directly; in addition, it allows to convert files to other formats.
As a conclusion, after testing this program, we are able to say that Xtreme Download Manager has functions to manage downloading files and video clips from the Internet with efficiency. We should also note that the program is completely free and not includes third-party programs packaged or modifies the Internet browser.
Xtreme Download Manager Functions
- Delivers excellent transferring speed, improving the connection rates up-to five times.
- Feature dynamic file segmentation, data compression (saves bandwidth) and connection reuse.
- Support a large list of sharing-sites.
- The program supports popular browsers, like Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and so on.
- Compatible with various Internet protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
- Support diverse authentication methods, such as 'Proxy Servers', 'Cookies', and 'Redirection'.
- Resume broken or interrupted jobs.
- Compatible with several operating systems; in addition, it doesn't require installation.
- Feature advanced functions, like automatic antivirus checking and system shutdown on job completion.
Download Xtreme Download Manager For Free
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 1MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.