Download Size: 7.842 KB. v.: 5.2
Rating 5/5 - 15 votes.
7 Days Trial.
April 03, 2017
CryptoForge is a compact software that helps users protecting their confidential data from unauthorized access. It is very useful when it is necessary to avoid access to files either locally (those stored on the local hard-disk) or remotely distributed on external servers or Cloud-Services.
In terms of encryption algorithms, it offers various options, including Blowfish, Rijndael, TripleDES and Gost. These ensure the maximum possible security when it comes to protecting confidential information from the unauthorized eyes. However, we recommend checking local regulations regarding safety, especially when you're selecting an encryption algorithm. CryptoForge encrypts and compress the files, enabling users to select the desired level; it simplifies the task of uploading the files to remote locations, reducing the required time.
- Support huge files up to 16TB on NTFS volumes.
- It encrypts files and even entire folder's structures.
- Include a document editor to encrypt text-blocks, images and even attachments.
- The encryption algorithms use Blowfish, Rijndael, TripleDES and Gost, ensuring optimal security.
- The decrypting function on destination can be done using the free-cost app.
- Include a file shredder function to remove any trace of the original non-encrypted file.
- Optionally, it enables to compress the files, saving bandwidth and storage costs.
- Offer command-line operation.
The program's installation is a compact routine which is limited to a few mouse-clicks in order to be completed; when it is finished the program keeps ready to be used, hidden in the Windows system tray. Another welcome advantage is that it can be installed on standard computers, since its hardware and software requirements are standard. In fact, it runs optimally on any Windows version and also its system resource's consumption while it is running in the system tray are minimal. These characteristics are good news when choosing software, as they refer to high-quality design.
The encryption procedure is performed using a password supplied by the user, it must be entered when is required to perform a decryption process. In addition, it allows to use any of the encryption methods supplied, and it is possible to apply them together, guaranteeing strong security levels. Moreover, after encrypting a given file, the software enables to remove it permanently from the system using the shredder function, making it impossible to recover the original, even applying forensic tools.
In conclusion, CryptoForge has proven, in our tests, to be a simple and efficient software to protect files. The functions proposed have worked correctly, and they are intuitive. We consider convenient its use, for files that are stored in the cloud.
Download CryptoForge For Free
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 8MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.