File Size: 17,804 KB. Version: 9.0
Emsi Software GmbH
5/5 - Rated by 25 users.
30 Days Trial.
August 03, 2016
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a recommended security platform for corporate and home users; it detects and removes in real-time, diverse malware forms of virus, including Trojan, spyware and adware.
Once it is downloaded into the computer, the installation process is quite easy and can be conducted by any user, that means no technical knowledge is required to setup it properly. The installation process is realized by a wizard, which allows to enable or disable the initial features; at the end of the process, it starts the virus database update and the first deep scan of the computer.
In addition, it offers diverse options to configure; for example, schedule regular scans of the computer, update and install new virus definitions and enable the 'Guard' on Windows startup.
Emsisoft is effective detecting and removing most of the infections, even the latest, thanks to its sophisticated scanning engine and real-time protection options, including 'File Guard', 'Behavior Blocker' and 'Surf'.
The user interface looks modern and shows the security status, job's logs and the quarantine repository. In addition, the setup tab allows to schedule scans and updates. It is comprehensive and doesn't require additional assistance to understand the options.
Finally, we recommend to realize the scan process, when the computer is on low activity hours, because it is an intensive resource consuming routine.Features
- Signature based scan, detects and removes known threads immediately.
- Updates are available five times per day, ensuring full protection against new threads.
- The running programs are monitored continuously, for suspicious activities, stopping and alerting them avoiding unwanted actions.
- Surf Protection, prevents from fraudulent websites.
- It comes with advanced options, detecting and removing the suspicious code manually.
This is recommended for users who need an effective Anti-Malware protection, with continuous database updates.
During our test, it was 100% effective, blocking toolbars and advertising from malicious web sites.
The operation is intuitive; technical skills aren't required to install and setup it.
- Detect and remove malware.
- Automatic update that ensures effective detection and removal.
- Minimal resource consuming.
- Easy to use.
New in this Version
- Simplified user interface.
- Improved self protection.
- Better cleaning.
- Added the game mode.
- Added freeware mode, no more registration needed to test the full version.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 100MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800 × 600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.
Latest User Reviews