Regular Price $39.95
After Discount Coupon $33.96
Coupon expiration 9/28/2017
Download Size: 9,025 KB. v.: 2.0.2
New Softwares Inc.
Rating 5/5 - 17 votes.
USD 33.96 (Discount Applied)
25 Uses Trial.
February 09, 2017
Discount 15% OFF
Folder Protect, as detailed in the previous paragraph, is a smart package that can be useful for protecting sensitive data, in environments where the computer is shared with other users or the working files are stored in central servers without security access. In this situation, this program can help, by offering several protection levels, including password-protect, which prevents access to the file's contents, and at the same time prevents unwanted modifications. Other options allow hiding the objects, marking them with the appropriate attribute or protecting them from modification via the only-read tag.
Folder Protect Functions
- Protect sensitive data: This software can protect files, folders, entire drives and even programs, using different methods.
- Lock and hide files: It prevents data access via password-protection or Windows hiding attribute.
- Prevent Data Deletion: This method enables to apply a read-only tag to the desired files, preventing its removal easily.
- Unauthorized Modifications: The program flag as write-protect the data, which prevents its content to be updated by others.
- Safe Mode: The protection algorithms can be effective even when the computer is started in safe-mode.
- Compatibility: It is compatible with the entire Windows family, including Win XP to Win10.
The Folder Protect's installation doesn't require major attention. Once the setup package is downloaded, it is required to do a double-click on it to start the installation routine. It shows a few options to choose, including interface language, installation folder, start-menu's shortcut. After these few selections, the rest of the process takes a few moments.
The first time the program is started, it prompts you to enter a password and its confirmation; it will be used every time you enter the software, preventing other users from accessing it. The main screen displays a list that shows the monitored elements, detailing path, object type, and protection levels, such as 'Access', 'Visible', 'Delete', and 'Write'. On the top, you can find the main functions, including 'Add', 'Edit', 'Remove', 'Unprotect', 'Selection' and 'Settings'.
The program's operation is very simple. In this sample, we will detail the steps required to protect a given file; the first action is to import it within the application via the function 'Add', which will display a form to browse through the disks and units until locating the desired file. Once selected, by pressing the 'Protect' button, it will be included in the list of protected files, from here it is possible to assign the desired access right.
An advantage is that file's protections are performed at the Windows kernel level, it means files can't be unprotected outside of Folder Protect environment, and even when Windows is running safe-mode. Another important feature to keep in mind is that this program can run in Stealth mode, making it absolutely invisible to other users.
In conclusion, Folder Protect is a practical application that enables a high-security level on files, folders, and units. Its use is highly recommended in sharing environments, where the computer is accessible to other users. In relation to its operation, we must note that the provided interface is predictable and doesn't require major effort to understand it from the beginning.
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 10MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.