Regular Price $49.95
After Coupon Code $42.46
Coupon expiration 10/19/2018
Download Size: 4.814 KB. v.: 1.6.2
New Softwares Inc.
Rating 5/5 - 24 votes.
USD 42.46 (Once the discount coupon is applied).
25 Uses Trial.
February 09, 2017
Coupon Code: CUP-V0XK
Discount 15% OFF
USB Block is a simple and powerful software that prevents unauthorized storage devices connected to the protected computer, avoiding file extraction. The program offers protection against USB devices, DVD and even network computers.
USB Block Functions
- Device Blocking: Enable to restrict the connection of devices, like USB flash drives, DVD, and external drives.
- Prevent Data Leak: Prevent access to sensitive data with strong password-protection.
- Avoid Data Theft: It blocks any type of malicious devices.
- Copy Protection: It is only possible to copy files to the white-listed devices.
- Protect against virus and malicious code: The program doesn't allow to connect external devices when they are not in the list, avoiding unwanted code copying.
Regarding to the USB Block's installation, we should note that it doesn't require further explanation, since it is an automatic routine that only needs a few user confirmations to be completed. When the program runs for the first time, it requests a master password, which will be used to enable the connected devices. The operation's principle is simple; every time you want to access a computer unit, the program shows a dialog box asking for a password; after the user authorization, the device is registered in a white-list, allowing future access without the need for a password.
The user interface looks compact and informative; in fact, the entire application can be operated from here. In the central part, is shown the computer and connected drives, along with its protection status; on the back is located the reports and log's panel, which displays as a summary the events at the drive level. On the top are placed the main functions, including 'Summary', 'Control Center', 'Authorized Devices', 'Logs and Reports' and 'Programs Options'. An important feature to consider is that USB Block can operate in 'Stealth Mode', which makes it invisible to the intruder's eyes. In addition, the program has password protection, preventing unauthorized access to modify the protection options.
All in all, USB Block has proven during the testing phase to be a simple yet powerful tool to prevent data leakage in an effective way. In addition, its advanced features, such as stealth mode and reporting capabilities make it a software piece worthy of being adopted.
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 10MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.