Download Size: 1,244 KB. v.: 1.71
True Human Design
Rating 5/5 - 7 votes.
February 16, 2017
NFOpad is a handy utility to view and edit NFO, DIZ and plain text formats. Its rich features make it an excellent Windows Notepad replacement as detailed below.
The program comes with a decent collection of editing functions, such as the traditional 'copy-paste' and 'undo' that allows to undo editing actions; unlike the Windows Notepad, it stores all changes made from the beginning, allowing safe edition. Another important advantage is its full support for drag-and-drop'; it simply files opening, enabling drag them from Windows Explorer within the application. This feature saves mouse-clicks and provides high-degree of accessibility.
Other features commonly seen in professional editors, naming a few, are the 'go-to-line-number' and 'delete-line' functions and their ability to remove columns by its number; this is especially useful for developers. We should detail the 'search-replace' function, which provides flexible string searching capabilities, performing the replacement in interactive or whole file mode.
The NFOpad's interface is simple and attractive; it provides automatic window sizing and wrapping mode; in addition, it is fast especially working with large files. Regarding to the interface topic, we must emphasize that it can be used perfectly by inexperienced users and developers who will value at the first look its expert functions.
The NFOpad's installation routine, is a simple process that requires a few mouse-clicks in order to be completed. The program includes the portable version, which allows to run the software from a USB-Stick, avoiding installations, it is particularly useful for consultants who usually are in the client offices.Finally, NFOpad is a powerful text editor that can be used as Notepad replacement; it adds a rich set of features that will be appreciated not only by casual users but for developers. The program works properly, and our testing staff has rated it as a five-stars category.
- Automatic hyperlink and e-mail detection.
- Support custom font's type/size, interface colors, application's settings.
- Feature the recently opened file's list to simplify the file selection.
- Include special ASCII fonts for NFO files.
- Integration with Windows shell and automatic file-format detection to determine the font.
- Printing capabilities with custom font options.
- Search and replace text blocks, with flexible filtering options.
- The editing environment includes, 'go to line', 'delete line', 'word wrap', 'insert/overwrite modes' and 'word selection' by double-click.
- The interface supports 'drag-and-drop'.
- Compatible with ASCII and ANSI character encoding.
- This software offers the portable version, to use it without installation.
Download NFOPad For Free
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Win7/8, and Win 10.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 2MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.