Download Size: 10.242 KB. v.: 6.38
Rating 5/5 - 10 votes.
April 06, 2017
Editors for source-code are an essential resource for programmers, since they affect the productivity in a direct way. In this opportunity, we want to present SynWrite a practical and powerful web development environment that includes the functions of top commercial brands but in this case, it is distributed at free-cost. In addition, it is possible to extend them through the plug-ins installation, which are written in Python, and they are distributed free of charge as well.
- Syntax-highlighting, that simplifies the code reading.
- Support diverse encoding systems (ASCII, Unicode, etc.).
- Provide several templates to standardize the coding task.
- Auto-completion function which fires when it is typed the first characters of a recognized tag.
- Automatically it closes a typed tag, avoiding.
- Automatic text tab, according to the function's structure.
- It includes a practical color picker and previewing tool, that it is especially useful for web-page design.
- Search and replace function enhanced with regular expression's capabilities.
- Tree view for source code, which allows easy navigation across the project.
- Integrated file-manager and project-manager.
- Include a build-in FTP client, facilitating the file-upload to web-server operation.
The interface provided by SynWrite includes the features required by the programmer when realizing a project of any complexity. On the left is placed the tree-view, showing the elements grouped by classes. In the central area is located the code editor, which offers all the professional features normally seen in top brand development environments. In conclusion, with the interface description, we must emphasize that it is totally customizable by the user, which is a welcome feature in such applications.
Next, we will detail its advanced editing features, starting with the syntax-highlighting capability, which supports different programming languages, and it is completely customizable by the user. Another function that saves time, avoiding code errors is the auto-complete, which is triggered once the programmer types the first letters of a given function. We must note the auto-close tags, which automatically places the closing element in those language functions that require it. The auto-tab is in our opinion very interesting since it allows programmers to create easy-to-read code, without any effort.
The integrated 'search-and-replace' function supports single string and regular expressions too. In addition, it offers the ability to act on several files at time. It is an advanced feature only present in professional-quality source-code editors.
Finally, SynWrite has a lot of features that make it impossible to detail in one single page; we have described only the most important in our opinion. SharewarePro's testers have run it, reporting us that it is very easy to use. Its performance is optimal, especially on large files, and it includes the functions present in professional development environments. We recommend to our visitors trying it to see for themselves the function's arsenal featured and we are sure that they will agree 100% with our neutral review.
Download SynWrite For Free
New in this Version
It may include unspecified updates, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10, Win8/7, Vista and XP Compatibility.
- Processor: 1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above.
- RAM: 256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended).
- Free Hard Disk: 11MB space for installation.
- Graphics Card: Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher.